I am officially calling on all conservative bloggers to help with the 2012 election. There are a few things I can foresee about this election:
- 1) the media will NOT air Republican speeches and responses- as they did not in 2008 when McCain got 60% less coverage than Obama.
- 2) Obama will not do direct debates. He will carp with well scripted remarks from the sidelines without getting hit in the face.
- 3) Obama will out purchase media time by 2-1 with his billion dollar war chest.
- 4) Obama plans a class warfare strategy
We can help by providing an organized, free media outlet for the GOP. Here is my proposal:
- 1) let’s create a consolidated email list for the GOP. I am willing to keep the list unless someone else volunteers.
- 2) let’s organize our blogs in a similar fashion to allow users to access the GOP speeches & commercials in the following way:
- speeches by candidate- create a page for this- use categories to separate between candidates
- commercials by candidate- create a page for this-use categories to separate between candidates
- commercials by special interest groups that support the candidate-use categories to separate between candidates-
- Page dedicated to calls for Obama to Debate
- Page dedicated to combate the ‘class warfare’ argument
I would be willing to provide a Word Press template for anyone who wants it. If we keep our scope to this limited mission, I think we can be a great help to the GOP this time around. We can literally flood the internet with this free publicity and beat the lamestream media at their own game. But we need to keep the idea somewhat under wraps or the libs might steal the idea. Organization is critical.
We also need to notify the GOP of this idea. If they don’t organize on their side (they need a staff member to organize emails in the same fashion we are organizing our pages ( i.e., commercials by candidate, speeches by candidate, commercials by special interest groups), then we can’t really get the message out as quickly. We will need someone with ties to the GOP and we need to send emails to our local GOP offices in the hopes that it will reach the right ears. I fear that the GOP will miss the opportunity to use social media like they did in 2008.
Our country is at a dire cross road, people. If we do not get off our laurels and fight for it this time, it will be lost. Based on what the progressive machine has accomplished this past 3 years, another 4 years will end our country as we know it. We need to try like hell. It will take time and effort- but I think it is worth it.
What do you all think about this idea? Do you think we can inspire the whole lot of us conservative bloggers to help in this mission? We don’t have much time to do this. Please leave feedback…